Saturday, May 17, 2014

Hypochondriac Much? More like Health Nut!

For the second time in 6 months I caught a mysterious virus with symptoms of low-grade fever (100-101 degrees F), extreme fatigue and weakness, nausea, and loss of appetite. Last time it lasted for 8 weeks, this time thank goodness it only lasted for four days. Knock on wood. Makes me wonder if there isn't something else going on here though, considering the fact that I eat way too well and wash my hands way too often to get sick. I was NEVER this sick all throughout my four years of college! Weird. One of the top things that everyone recommends for health is a healthy diet . . . which is my passion in life. Eating well, avoiding sugar, dairy, white flour, processed food, etc. I was wondering if maybe I should make my diet "even better" - maybe that would prevent me from getting sick? Then I realized, sheesh, no, I can't possibly eat any better! I eat like a champion. Today is an example of what I eat most days:

Breakfast: oats, raw wheat germ, ground flax seed, almond milk and soy milk, spices, and fresh ginger cooked on the stovetop with banana slices

Snack: Pumpkin seed KIND bar

Lunch: cooked turnips (huge pile), sautéed greens, celery sticks, apple slices, fried rice (wild rice and cage free eggs with onions and organic sesame oil)

Snack: oat bran muffin and almonds

Dinner: giant "everything" salad including black beans, shredded beets, and raw organic sauerkraut, a homemade gluten-free chocolate scone, a mango

Snack: sprouted whole wheat pita with coconut oil


So, back to the drawing board. I think my diet is perfectly healthy thank you very much!!







No comments:

Post a Comment